Thursday, August 21, 2014

Life


Hello from Costa Rica ....   
Really.....August 20th had a nice blog post and zap! The fact that there is no internet at the VRBO it is gone and not saved.  It was really good if I do say so myself so for now I will try and remember what updates there where and how many more dirt roads I can write about and crazy drivers. Currently, nicely secured in the house as we here the roaring thunder in the distance while Hunter naps. Seems we all take a rest when Hunter naps. 

Catching up....

Last Saturday before we left the Puerto Viejo area close to sunset, Jeff, Heather Hunter and myself scattered some of Rich's ashes in the warm Caribbean Sea at the National Park in Cahuita. When Hunter saw the ocean he was smiling and laughing and pulling away from the hand holding his as hard as he could to get in the water.  It was like he was seeing an old friend and he was just happy to have his toes in the sand and warm water on his feet (such a Hyland). Soon he was down to his diaper which soaked up half the sea and must have weighed 30 pounds, soon that was discard too. 

It wasn't the Caribbean we experienced on the Sabore, but it is the Caribbean, where Rich and I did manage to vacation a few times with outstanding memories. Rich, would be pleased and it pleased us to leave some of him in this amazing part of the world. Once we were done it felt like a piece was missing although it was a peaceful feeling. He had been in my back pack and gone everywhere on the trip. Some day I hope Hunter returns to this spot as a grown up with his children and scatters some my ashes here with Rich. 

The sad didn't come just a calm feeling of moving forward and this is how life is going to look and feel now and in the future. It was a moment. I felt blessed.  Was life how I pictured it. No but all the pieces of the past collided to bring this joyful thankful moment. I gave thanks and prayed to my Lord and Savior Jesus. 

Just a moment to blog and share.  More importantly to keep the memory fresh for the future. Love, hugs, prayers, blessings and Aloha.   

I miss the internet... I can't even read or catch up on what I posted previously.  I have no idea what is happening in the world.  No TV, no radio...very refreshing in a way.  Praying all of you who read this are safe and healthy.  

A few more pics from the burn Hike...
Pictures from dinner before we left Puerto Viejo.

A sloth at dinner that evening above our head where we were eating dinner.  
Where had dinner was on top of the waves... Can't get this close in so cal.

 
Dale and Diane check out this hammock at the restaurant.  Right over the water.  I did not try it not even for a photo op.  

No comments:

Post a Comment