Monday, August 11, 2014

A Blessed Time

Saying Audios to Oso. According to Jeff it means to God (dos).   I have not officially checked this fact but I believe it to be true...

Wondering what is next on our adventure. Today we are packing and cleaning up the place.  Jeff, picked up our clean laundry in town today (what a beautiful smell,  all those stinky drenched ocean clothes from Thursday, now smell like spring rain),  while Heather and I went for a splendid massage.  We are leaving to go back to San Jose tomorrow where we pick up our next rolling home, aka: rental car.  The plan is to drive to Turialba which is a four to six hour drive. Jeff says the road will be paved..hallelujah (car shocks are probably done as often as you fill up your tank here).  We are going to really wing it since we don't have a place booked for lodging tomorrow night.   Thinking they probably don't have a Marriott on every corner.

Going to miss some of the sights and sounds of this location. Those brilliant colored macaws won't be waking us up in the morning (this is their native habitat and they won't be in the wild elsewhere in the country).  The sound of the waves crashing and the seclusion will be gone.  No more naked time....Hunter not the adults. Hunter has loved his naked, in the hose, run around the tropical jungle, without a diaper time. 

Hammocking or getting in out of the hammock is something I am getting better at doing.  I no longer look like I am about to give birth.  If you want to put your feet up at the VRBO downstairs you have to get in the hammock. I guess this is their idea of a couch.  Dale and Diane,  I know you two our experts at hammocks but I don't think I will be installing one any time soon in my living room.  To bad just when I figured out how to get in and out of it we are leaving. 

Live -  play by play blogging until our pasta dinner, prepared by Jeff is ready, who at the moment is in the kitchen wearing his head lamp to cook (the lighting is not the best so we wear the head lamp while cooking).  I am in the hammock sort of (to the best of my hammock abilities), watching the place light up from the lightening storm, listening to the thunder and the pouring rain...Hunter and Heather, are cuddled up playing with a Mickey Mouse app on her phone. Seriously wondering if at the moment I should be on the iPad in a lightening storm.  If there is no further blogging you will know the answer to that question.  Although we are all finding it very peaceful.

FYI! Found out from Adam at the Blue Oso that the 13% tax applies to  all goods and services in CR (except groceries). Apparently the government is looking to improve their roads (me laughing) and because of the tax structure here being so low they have to find ways to make up the revenue. Lesson learned for me about taxes in CR.

Blue Oso massage. The facial for Heather and the massage for me were heavenly... It has been awhile since Heather had her chakras balanced and she came out looking like a new person with all the tension gone from her mama shoulders.  My massage was great to and every time I was really hitting my zen and getting my chakras lined up, some large 30 pound coconut or fruit decided it was time to hit the tin roof above my head...okey deep breath exhale finding my zen, nope there is another one of those annoying fruits.  The singing birds were joyful, falling fruit not so much. Don't know if it is true, Rich used to say more people are killed by falling coconuts than shark bites?  Good thing that treatment area had a roof.

Living without TV, cell phones, Facebook, music and other connections, really makes you explore other talents for things to do. Like practice annoying your friends with your travels and writing skills by writing a blog.  Right now it is 7:15pm, the dishes are done, packing and cleaning is done and all my travel companions are in bed. So here I sit annoying my friends more. I could go for a walk but, I am afraid of the holler monkeys, and the million little crabs who live in the dirt and in the grass.  Perhaps it is my way to feel like I am in touch.  Thanks for reading, by the end of three weeks if I can keep up with it I should be the next Ann Landers..!   

Eddy the local yellow lab, whom we only see at night just came up and scared the life out of me.  Now he is out barking at some wild thing in the night and  I think I just saw the shadow of a bat and the Mosquitos seem to be hungry (they have not been a problem - surprisingly. I just wouldn't want to sleep without that mosquito net around the bed).  That's it 7:47pm and now I scared myself off to bed.

Prayers for safe and healthy travels is always welcome.  


No comments:

Post a Comment