Friday, August 22, 2014

Heather in Costa Rica Experience

When I was 5 years old I was obsessed with birds already. I did yard work for neighbors and helped out with certain chores to make money to buy my own bird seed for my 20 feeders. I told my parents all I wanted for my birthday was a pair of adult binoculars. I wrote down all the birds that came to my feeder in scribble! Haha 

I always looked at national geographic and ranger Rick. It was my dream to see all these beautiful exotic animals in Costa Rica that I saw in these magazines and on PBS Nature. I was already a nature nerd. Now I am here and I am not disappointed!!! It has been everything and more! 

Costa Rica is a country of abundance when it comes to green plants, tasty fruits, amazing animals and kind people. The people called Ticos and Ticas love their country, care for the environment and live simply which we could all learn from. They live not wanting, they live happy lives. I learned so much here. 

We take so much for granted and when I see you can have so much with so little it warms my heart and makes me feel a bit guilty for wanting more sometimes.... Pura Vida, Costa Rica! Your green, pure and lovely country is staying in my heart and this trip will be filled with memories with my family that I will never forget.

Sloth Sanctuary, crazy boat rides, coffee tours, orchid gardens, howler monkeys howling at 4 am to say good morning, Hunter seeing a sloth and all these animals for the first time, watching Jackie see these animals for the first time and cursing at the horrible horse flies around here! Lol  Me, getting crazy about everyone wearing insect spray because I hate bites! Watching Jeff like a kid in a candy shop with his camera getting great shots of wildlife. I love my family they have all been so brave and strong through a fun, challenging trip. 

Hunter is the most amazing toddler ever! He just soaked it all up and loved every minute of nature. He loved exploring the sights and sounds and believe it or not his favorite animals were the cows on the farms hahahaha he thought the monkeys were cool but when we saw cows he screamed OHHHHH and pointed to the window for Jeff to roll it down so he could moooo at them. 

3 weeks here living out of a suitcase has been tiring at times and I give us all kudos for our patience for this trip because sometimes it's tough on the road! 

I want to thank Jackie for her support and taking this adventure with us that has been on our minds for a long time, Jeff for being an amazing man, son, husband and father and lifting everything and taking care of all of us and our Hunter Bug for being the bravest Toddler around and taking this magical, epic trip with us!

To all my friends and family back home... You want adventure and the trip of a lifetime? Costa Rica BABY!







No comments:

Post a Comment