Sunday, August 24, 2014

Coming Back Someday

Last full day in Arenal, and the top of the volcano has been clear all day.  By far the best weather day. Just wondering why vacation always does that with the weather? Saves the best for last.  Blue skies, no rains and today we never left the property, no bumpy roads from the back seat.

This is the live blog view at the moment so clear and a little steam on the top...4:06 pm 

We enjoyed a visit from this guy on our patio this morning about 6:00am... Hunter rises about 5:30 am before the wild life is up.  Wish I could bring the critter home, you know I would.

After breakfast we enjoyed some great birding (bird watching) from our room. I believe Heather is over 60 birds on her list that she has seen so far, while working for her "birder badge". She may only have 999 more to go here in Costa Rica. Jeff has captured some amazing video.  Thinking we should open a Costa Rica tourism board at Hylands Island for anyone who wants to come here in the future.  

I highly recommend the lodge where we are staying.  I will gets more pictures up. The views never get old no matter what the weather is doing. To bad the Marriott can't adopt them so I could stay on points next time. 

After Hunters morning nap we hiked this trail today. Hardest one on the property 
Reminds me of the hike to queens bath in Kauai times 10.  Apparently it used to be longer and you could hike up the lava flow trails. Now it stops at the river.  Slippery, muddy, down hill with lots of tree roots and elevation (reminder to self I have to come back up). A lady named Terri stopped and gave me her hiking stick about a third of the way down.  She was my piece of heaven today.  Really, I am such a whimp.... Heather, just trucking along enjoying the moment and the beauty, Jeff with a 35 pound toddler on his back carrying a tripod, large camera with a lens.  Me with a heaven stick..  I was saying as my feet caught one of the 800 tree roots "thank heavens for this stick" and the lady who stopped to give it to me, don't know her but love her.  Otherwise, I would have face planted and looked like one of those roots. At one point I did fall I was muddy and back in the states you would pay good money for this type of exploration at a spa.  Four hours later a swim in the pool and the jacuzzi and it is still stuck in my pores. It may be coming home as a souvenir, will it ever come off?  Just for the record met up with my stick lady later in the day and wanted to kiss her for giving me the stick or else I would still be in the junngle... Best part she and the hubby had adult libations at the pool. 

Defiantly, we were nuts and some of the things we did on this adventure were crazy, scarey and beyond the normal adventure mode. Being on top of one another and so close to your family for 21 days not always the Ozzie and Harriet moments they show on TV.  But, as the adventure draws to a close you have to ask yourself, if given the opportunity to do it again would you????? YES, I would and I know my adventurous family would agree. A million times YES....

You know it is time  go home when you have major unibrow... Maintenance here I come. 
thunder clouds and it looks like two suns over the lake.  Soaking up the last of an amazing experience.  
Painting sunset tonight over the lake. God was the artist !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment