Thursday, August 21, 2014

Catching up Feel the Burn

This post was started on the 19th... Finally getting time to post.
Feel the burn.  What a hike we had this morning at a national park close to the VBRO we hiked all over the park very steep in place and 100's of steps going up and down hill on a tiny narrow path in some spots the path was invisible from the wet leaves covering the ground.  Oh my, at times it was uphill, uphill and more uphill (feel the burn).  While trying to watch our slippery steps these giant horse flies were trying to carry us off the mountain buzzing our ears and trying to bite us.  I felt like a circus performer and I had it easy trying to balance on a narrow, wet slippery path and swat flies at the same time, with arms flapping and naughty words flying from my mouth .  Jeff had the same conditions with Hunter in the back pack.  Heather just kept chugging along looking like a graceful bird with her swatting. 

Taking a break at the moment at a great cafe to let our bodies recover. TheOrchid besides good food has internet.  Such a novelty internet (our current VRBO is supposed to have internet but it is broken, they had to take the router and you can't drive down the street to a computer store and just replace it probably a 4 hour drive to San Jose)  We have eaten at the Orchid 3 times so far, not just for the internet it has great atmosphere and yummy food too.   Next time I am starting with dessert first.  They have banna foster crepes with ice cream.... And  did I mention internet. Time to go no no no don't take away my internet.  NOTE... This post was started on 8-19.

True confessions time.  The VRBO where we are staying is very seclude and I love my family but I am missing my friends back home and socializing with a good glass of wine or tea from Coffee Bean. We are here until Friday and then a couple of days in Arenal by the volcano park.  Three weeks is a long time to be away on this adventure.  It is an adventure and not for the faint of heart.  Just the drive way up to this house is bumpy, steep and rocky.  I have affectionately named the driveway the bladder buster. 
Heather and Hunter at the butterfly garden where Jeff worked in 2006.  More on this to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment