Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Life

When Rich would send me emails from work rather than using a subject line no matter what the subject he always just used one words LIFE. Amazing, that LIFE continues and changes, never stopping until the day Jesus calls us home.  Life- how I long for Rich to be here on earth to share this LIFE with me, to continue what we had. Every time I take Hunter for a walk, it should be us not me.
Hard to believe it's been three years today. 

If I could send Rich a letter in heaven I would let him know we are all fine.  I would say:  Rich I know we were always your greatest concern, you were provider, defender, security, dad, husband and so much more to so many people and us. Don't worry, rest your head and heart we are living LIFE.  I would let you know we have a fabulous daughter in law, yep you missed the wedding in person by about 8 weeks, we all know you had to go, time was no longer on our side.  You were definently there in spirit and so missed.  Mostly I would write a novel to you about how Life continues to be rewarding with the addition of your two adorable grand babies Hunter and River.  Hunter, is so black and white his little idiosyncrasies, really remind me of you and he is only 2 (March 17th).  Yep, he is going to make his parents crazy and I think he will be a consertive (giggle giggle).  River, at two weeks is good at eating and burping.  He is a Hyland and we will see how his personality develops.






                        
Rich, life is very full and sweet, you are so missed.  Crazy, I am doing those remodels on the house we always talked about and I adopted a dog. You would like him. Honestly, once Jeff and family moved out and they took Chubby, I just couldn't take waking up alone any longer. It was like the room was screaming your ALONE every morning. Martin, is here when I wake up something is in the room to breath and say hello.  It helps. 

You would be happy that we continue your legacies and traditions, trips, vacations, Mia Tia's, sunsets and a good balance of hard work.  Mike, is good and still lives here. I know so much for temporary housing, I think it is coming up on 5 years.  Says he is going to move soon, but life is really comfortable here at the Island and I just don't see that happening for awhile.

You would be pleased knowing that along with Good Shepherd plans are underway for the 3rd annual Rich Hyland Golf Classic over at Oak Creek the tentative date is July 31, this year and if you could again put in a good word about the weather?  It is such a great way to celebrate your spirit with friends and fellowship watching so many people we know enjoy the game you loved so much.  

I do my best to stay busy and do the right things. I am blessed to have Kathi, as my friend and companion for travel and a impromptu dinners out on a Monday night (yes Monday's actually any night we choose).  At Fathers day she always says something like "who knew we were going to be both Mom and Dad at this stage of our life".  Interesting Life journey.  I hope you and Bob are spending lots of time on heavens golf course.  All our friends and neighbors are good.  It is such a joy to see them transitioning into this new stages of their life.  Don't they call that the Golden Years.  My Golden Years are just going to look a little different and I know if you could have changed that and be here on earth you would.  We continue to have fabulous friends. 

Thank you Rich for the Life of sweet memories and moments that will always be part of me and our history! I praise God everyday for the life we had and lived!  

Aloha my sweet love....

Jackie








Friends and Family here is the Facebook link to Jeff's video.  I love this thing, it shows so many of our friends and family, celebrating LIFE.


Friends, raise your glasses today, enjoy a sunset, drive by the beach, hug and kiss the one you love! and live LIFE.  


 Interesting Life Note about the month of March 
Once upon a time the month of March, was my birthday month the month my life began.  It is still my birthday month but seems every other day is someone to remember or something to celebrate.  
March 9, the memorable Kristens birthday
March 11, Rich's day
March 17, Hunters birthday
March 19, cousin Danni's birthday
March 20, my Birthday
March 27, Bob's day... 





2 comments:

  1. okay, heading to work and decided to read this first. mascara running down my face now. this was such a beautiful, heart tugging tribute to Rich and also to you for how you have continued to live the life he wanted for you. Love and hugs to you today and always. love, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I love your love for Rich. We love you an so respect your love of Life even with the love of your life living in heaven and waiting for you

    ReplyDelete