Monday, March 30, 2015

Birthday Bashes, Living Life, Follow up and Follow Through....


Aloha, a blessing and a birthday Prayer.

I have to be one of the most blessed people that I know. Sounds funny to say that about myself but I am. Many of you who read my gibberish blog (when I get around to blogging), came to celebrate the turning of my birth clock to 60 (mentally 40). What a joyful day for me to see our friends and my friends from the past 60 years. Everyone is very unique and inspirational in my life. 

My mom, who was the only one in this group who was present at my birth (thank goodness). And why is it mom's always like to tell birthing stories no matter their age (mom is almost 79)?  Can I just say AWKWARD..... to hear my mother telling people at my age how I came into the world butt first, naturally (that explains a lot). 



Then we had Rich's friends from High School and the CDM water polo team, one of which is our family Dentist , Rich was the best man or groomsman for the other two. Forty-two years of friendship. They are the old school friends. 



Having my church friends come celebrate.  Truly, with all three of the Pastors stopping by for some prayer, tacos and socializing, I felt like a Lutheran celebrity. So many other church friends being there made the day outstanding!  Within that church family new relationships have grown and continue to grow with my Haiti family team. Two of my closest friends are in my life thanks to Haiti!  They are so supportive and I think one of them made me a mystery cake for my birthday.  

Pastor Tom always makes me laugh.... He is probably saying  "no worries we will pray for you. It takes a group in your case, Jackie".  Below PT and his wonderful better half Jane.  

Great  People... They can ROCK a Lei....  


Twins of different ages.  Mike and Chad.  Honestly these two could be brothers. Below some of my Haitian Team sisters.


Delightful neighbors, from the Eastmont/Shooting Star days and my Limewood neighbor friends (where does the time go? we have lived on Limewood for 12 years already).  Lifetime friends, Kathi, the Lawrence's. Having my grand-babies, sons, daughter in law and her family.  The other Hyland's who travelled from the central coast (Laura, I just include you as a Hyland).  A few of my Adhesive Sista's (scrapbooking), Monday Mom's,  Bunco Baby's, friends of friends.... the list goes on.


Hunter, we talked him into putting the Hawaiian shirt on so he could be like Papa Rich.  It may have been on for 3 minutes. Thus, the reason he looks uncertain in the picture. Below, niece Kelly with Jarred, my mom and great niece LeeAnn. Kelly's face painting at the party was a HUGE and FUNNY hit. 


Mom Hug


Central Coast Family Kevin and Laura

Aloha, this party was not even so much about celebrating my birthday but more importantly it was for me to be thankful for all the gifts I have in my life by the presents of all these amazing people.  I could humor everyone for hours with stories about everyone who was there. To often celebrations are held and people come together when someone has passed.  One thing Rich taught everyone is NOW.  Now is the time to celebrate life, love and blessings. For those friends, who could not come because of miles or prior commitments, you were all there in spirit.



It would not have been a party without the help of Barbara, Yvonne, Summer, Nancy, Danielle, Dale and Diane. Dale was climbing ladders and hanging tissue balls (I love his Martha side) and Nancy climbing the waterfall rocks in the yard to hang decorations. The Eaton's and Albers for being the libation managers...!  Francheska, for the one of a kind birthday cake (you are so talented not only can you make cakes but you rock making a web site too). Mike, for cleaning scrubbing and trimming the Island. Special SPECIAL did I say Special thank you to Josh and Erica Render (kids too), for providing JJ as entertainment (if anyone ever needs some nice entertainment for an event call me we will get you in touch with JJ). Thanks JJ, Amber and girls!   





More Pictures to Enjoy....





Toby, makes me want to sing "Red Solo Cup" 


Flower Face painted Friends selfie.

Dale Rocking his Pineapple - Wave

These two are fresh off the plane from Hawaii....





Before and Below After... Honestly, these people put the "F" in FUN.





DOUBLE DOUBLE... Mike and Mike on one side and Kevin and Kevin on the other.... and they look alike too.
 Below Barbara, dessert Master.


 
Don't we all take pictures in our remodeled bathroom with friends. 
 Nothing says party like Bathroom. 

The cakes....


Franceska's Cake

Mystery Cake?????? Amazing - if anyone knows anything about this cake... I need more clues.
 I still think it was somehow related to the amazing SUMMER!




CHEERS and thanks again to everyone who made my day special. The flowers from my Prayer Partner and Tony and Family in Texas, Deslattes and Boyles for my fabulous Hawaiian Halo, direct from Oahu. A cute bottle of Tequila (yes, Tequila can be cute ), the champagne, angels and assorted other gifts and cards. Very much appreciated. 



Follow up and follow through.  Several of you graciously donated to our Good Samaritan - Esther Fund.  (This is where I start tearing up while typing).  In lieu of people buying cards and gifts (at this age I don't need or know where to put stuff - exception tequila and champagne (I know where it belongs at the right time). I was thinking if (no obligation), we collected $200.00 for the Haiti fund next year that would be GREAT.....  Another blessing from my gracious friends, we have checks and cash totaling almost $1500.00.  Absolutely blown away by the generosity of so many for my passion.  WOW WOW WOW. Trust me the Haiti team will use this next year to glorify the kingdom, directly hands on in some passionate way next January. Some of you may recall reading the blog with my story of Esther this past January.  She changed the lives of several team members.  Fabienne, our/my Haitian, friend and sister has continued to keep me updated these past two months on Esther.  I received the following messages from Fabienne on March 27th.

My Dearest Jackie. I found out that Esther passed away peacefully this week. Her two children are being cared for by family who have been very thankful for all you and the team have done in help and concerns. Please continue to pray for them. I love you. Fabi.

FabI
Thank you... I sent a reply to your email. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Take a look when you have a moment,.. Hugs... Love you, Jackie

Fabi then sent the following message:
I read it and did some research. It took the pastor a week to get up to where Esthers family lives up in the hills and a good 4 days to get back down. I am understanding that she passed in the early part of march but it took some time for the mssage to get to me. I pray for you, that March be a time of light hearted- ness and not heaviness. I used to feel like that for june. Not anymore. Your generosity is intense and beautiful. I can't wait to see you at home. A few more weeks. Fab


although this was sad news it was not unexpected. Hard to explain what and how the spirit can move you at times. Esther, was a gift for a few short hours in my life. She is helping me daily keep things in perspective here in California. Thank you, all so much for the birthday gifts that will help other people like Esther and her family in the future..... HONESTLY, this is one of the best gifts I have ever received to be able to do more. We can't do everything, we can't necessarily fix the problem but we can do something. That is powerful (reaching for that tissue again).

Again to anyone reading this, I just want to say to all my party going, lei, coconut, grass skirt , Hawaiian shirt wearing friends. You all have a place in my heart. You are gifts. Would you all not agree I am blessed?

Don't cry because it's over. Smile Because it Happened. Dr. Seuss 
(one of Rich's favorite sayings)

My Dr. Seuss quote:
SOMETIMES YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE VALUE OF A MOMENT UNTIL IT BECOMES A MEMORY.

LOVE, HUGS, ALOHA, BLESSINGS .... GOD BLESS.

Jackie











No comments:

Post a Comment