Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One Whole Day and a Half too.

Is it a rock or honu???  

Time flies when your having fun and on vacation. A day and a half to go and these are tiki tears flowing from my eyes. It's been delightful and a great vacation and chance to share this place with friends who have never been to Hawaii and the island of Kauai before. I have so many friends I could pack up and bring here to explore (even if they have been here before).  Figured out, I have been coming for the past 12 years. First Rich and I, and now myself with Mike, other family and friends too. It's been great sharing with Chad Okuma (the last Hawaiian vacation with Chad was 1999 when they graduated from high school). The tradition continues along with the blessings.  And I pray Mike and Jeff both bring their families and friends here for many years to come. Looking forward to seeing Christie and Max here hopefully next year.  Excited to see the Rich Hyland DNA, in action here on the shores of Poipu in the next few years with Hunter and the new baby.  The legacy we were given. 

Sitting here enjoying the view in a lounge chair with Kathi and her friends. We are watching 3 to 4 Honu gracefully playing in the shore break eating off the lava rocks in the surf. The canvas changes every few seconds. Clouds, winds, color of the ocean.... A Mai Tai.  No Mai Tai yet, since this morning mixology class. Kathi and I  now have a Double major in mixing Mai Tai's (we have been to the class twice).  We will need to try out our new found skills and our degree on our friends at Hylands Island very soon.  Now accepting occupants for barstools....

Oh my jump to Thursday. Last sunset coming up.  No no no.  Last Mai Tai
Too.  Feeling blessed and sad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment