Friday, September 5, 2014

Vacation Count Down

7 days to go and this could be the view that greets us in Kauai

Last years view in Poipu shortly after we arrived. Rainbows are always good, then a double and almost a triple.  Mike was enjoying a surf while Debbie, Ron and myself checked out the property.  This is a special place for the Hylands, Rich and I vacationed in paradise on Kauai the past 12 to 14 years.  Our very favorite spot the Honu bar at Waihoai, of course sitting on the lawn over the lava and crashing waves is also a favorite.  Actually I am guessing about 500 favorites on this Island.

Thrilled to be sharing the experience with Summer, Yvonne (Haiti mission sisters), who have been all over the world on missions, but never to Hawaii....and Kathi this year.  Good news for Mike his friend Chad will be joining him. Last time Chad vacationed with us was Hawaii in 1999, the year he and Mike graduated from high school (oh my 15 years ago really). We rented a fabulous beach house on on the north shore of Oahu.  When my lottery numbers hit my house will be on the North shore. Such a dreamy place (of course I think if your going to have a chance of that happening you need to play... note to self buy a lottrey ticket).

Last years trip was bad.  Food positioning for myself, Debbie and Ron (not sure they will be anxious to vacation with me any time soon, although now it's one of those incidents we laugh at after a libation or two), Mike ended up in the hospital from the food poisioning or as he calls it a bad bout of flu. Jeff, was in the hospital same time in Long Beach.  Challenging!

We get all that behind us the Browns fly home and we move onto Princeville, Dale, Diane, Kathi, Mike and myself.   A new place to discover.  Then I get the phone call that Gracie was super sick and we flew home 6 days early from our trip.  She waited for us all night and seeing her after a night of anxious flying she couldn't even lift her head to greet us.  There was no decision to make, an hour later she crossed over into dog heaven.  Pretty sure Gracie and Rich are up there in the clouds romping around while Rich throws her much loved tennis ball for her.  Actually this vision gives me peace.

This year promises to be a 100% turn around from last year.  I will be blogging, when I am not sitting at the Honu bar with an umbrella in my drink.  Beware pictures of tropical drinks with umbrellas to follow... along with adventures and what trouble the three of us can get into when not on a mission trip to Haiti.   Oh this is going to be fun! Hulu lessons, lei making.  And yes a zodiac trip on the Napli coast to visit sea caves etc.   Can you believe it me again on the ocean.....

Oops time to book a rental car... Better get on that 7 days and counting every second to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment