Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Leaving a Piece of our Hearts

Crazy slip of the camera while trying to take a panoramic with my iPhone, but still a very interesting picture.  

Kathi and I are both leaving a part of our hearts (just like Tony Bennett), in San Francisco as we head back to our little flat town of Irvine.  The views, the Christmas decorations, the people, the Christmas decorations, the sights, the Christmas/holiday decorations...(being political correct for a second), the cable cars, the Christmas decorations.  Did I mention the Christmas decorations?  

Great way for me to be distracted, but remember the place Rich and I came 40 years ago. Memories and to be immersed in  the Christmas spirit, all while making new memories.  Great time.... 

Union Square Tree lighting before and after...



Just us and about 5,000 or more of our closest friends, sprinkled with a few protestors and a few hundred police officers.  

The Hyatt had great decorations, Santa was at breakfast and it snowed in the lobby.
And it was still November.

We really only scratched the surface of seeing all the decorations.  The city and the hotels really get into it.  They even decorate the cable cars.  I wanted to volunteer to decorate but was afraid I would stay until every last cable car in the city was decorated.

The Fairmont had a giant gingerbread house that smelled amazing it was REALLY made out of gingerbread, icing and candy, with a gorgeous tree. 


Did I  mention the Christmas decorations...

We enjoyed San Francisco from the Embarcadaro, Fishermans wharf, Disney family museum, a live play (Promises, Promises) to the Top Of the Mark and the golden gate from the water on a cruise.  Of course my very very favorite thing to do ride the cable cars... What a way to see the city, the views and the cable operators were so helpful in getting Kathi and I where we needed to be. 

Until, next time.....
Keep that little piece of our hearts warm...












No comments:

Post a Comment